Thorne Meriva-SF 120 Vegetarian Capsules
Curcumin bound to sunflower phospholipids so it’s soy free!
Take 1-2 capsules two times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Serving Size: Two Capsules
Amount Per Capsule
Curcumin Phytosome† ... 500mg
(Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex from Sunflower)
Other Ingredients: High and low viscosity hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and CalciumCitrateLaurate, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
†Curcumin Phytosome (Meriva®) complexed with Time-Sorb®, a time-release matrix. This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s curcumin phytosome (Meriva®). Meriva is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A.
Meriva® – the most clinically studied curcumin on the market
- A Thorne Research exclusive
- Curcumin bound to sunflower phospholipids – especially for sensitive patients
- Phytosome technology ensures more efficient absorption
- Patented sustained-release technology for long-lasting effectiveness
- 250 mg of curcumin-sunflower phospholipid complex per capsule
- Meriva-SF can help maintain a healthy balance of cytokines in the body*
- Meriva-SF provides antioxidant support*
- Meriva-SF can provide relief from occasional stiffness and soreness*
- Research suggests Meriva-SF can provide support for joint, muscle, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate, and nerve health*
- Research suggests Meriva-SF can provide nutritional support to oncology patients*
Meriva-SF is a unique, patented curcumin product. People throughout Asia have benefited from the healthful effects of curcumin for centuries. Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry), and is an antioxidant that offers numerous health benefits, including supporting joint health and hepatic, GI, and cardiovascular function, by helping to maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response through optimization of cytokine production.*
Whether taken as a supplement or from food, curcumin is generally poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. In conjunction with Indena S.p.A., the worldwide experts in botanical extract technology, Thorne Research has uncovered the key to curcumin absorption – phytosome technology. Meriva curcumin phytosome is a unique curcumin extract that is significantly better absorbed than other curcumin extracts.*
Phytosomes are plant extracts bound to phospholipids (from sunflower oil in the case of Meriva-SF), essential components of human cells. Although the body does make phospholipids (such as phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylserine), phospholipids can also be obtained from food or nutritional supplements. When taken orally, phospholipids are very well absorbed. The scientists at Indena found a way to attach a curcumin extract to phospholipids obtained from sunflower oil for optimal absorption, resulting in Meriva-SF. With Meriva-SF, the body readily absorbs the phospholipid with the attached curcumin, which results in more curcumin reaching the body’s cells that can benefit from it.